Monday, December 24, 2012

Una Blanca Navidad



MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
I hope that everyone is very much enjoying their Christmas season. I am enjoying it here in Argentina! I don´t imagine myself giving you too long of a message today, because after all, I will be talking to you a bit over Skype. Well, I am enjoying Christmas here for what it is…ha. It is not exactly the same. At least we had a white Christmas though! We had our Mission Christmas Party on Wednesday. I am going to spend the night with a couple other missionaries and my ward mission leader(Hermano Quiroga) and maybe his mom…weird.

Romina Mesa was able to get baptized on Saturday! We had a really good service. Her mom and sister showed up and got emotional as they listened to a few talks and saw Romina get baptized. We are going to try and start teaching them more and focus on them so that they can follow in the steps of Romina. I am content because I have been praying for a white Christmas. Romina will be an awesome convert! We are hoping to have the opportunity of baptizing a couple other investigators. I am not sure if they will be able to make it for this week, but definitely a few more in the coming weeks.

The mission party in Mendoza included playing football(Americano), ping pong, better food than last year, and a new tie from Hermana Ávila. It was a very hot day to be outside, but it was worth it. I don´t know how I am living right now with this kind of heat. I am pretty sure that we are going to sleep on the roof tonight(should be a bit cooler) and see some of the fireworks. Talking about fireworks, there are firework stands on the corner of every block here. It should be even better than last year. We gonna have dinner and party a little with our ward mission leader and his mom and his wife. Should be an interesting party. It is going to be an asado. I´ll send pics next week. I wasn´t able to send all of the pics I wanted this week because my incapable computer. My cell number is 2644701260 just in case. You will probably have to call it the same way as last time.

Spiritual Thought
I thought that it was really cool what Brother Smith said. I feel very privileged to be carrying upon myself the name of Christ during this Christmas season. No matter where I am, I am a set apart missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ. I love this opportunity and try and cherish every moment I have to be so close to Him and His spirit. Christ is my savior.

Take care and I´ll talkt to ya tomorrow.
Un abrazo,
Elder Larisch
La iglesia es verdadera
white christmas (Romina's baptism)
 Romina with Mom and Sister
happy post-baptism face
E. Egbert sleeping by church
white plaque
sunday meetings

No comments:

Post a Comment